UNICAST COMPANY HAS BEEN ISO CERTIFIED SINCE 2001
After a 3-day ISO 9000 quality audit done by a large, multi-national, European Company, we were pleased to find out that we passed the quality audit with flying colors! This proves Unicast Company's ability to serve our customers, not only in terms of service and delivery, but also in terms of the highest possible quality rating that can be achieved worldwide.
Since that certification, Unicast has undergone yearly surveillance audits, and was re-certified to ISO 9001:2008, during July of 2011.
Click here for a PDF of our ISO certification
Responsible companies have concluded that acceptable quality and reliability can only be achieved if the company's total resources and capabilities are marshaled toward this qualification goal. It is also quite clear that a company's market position, and possibly even its survival, are dependent on the successful implementation of these proven quality improvement concepts.
Unicast will continue to invest resources necessary to sustain the ongoing reputation for quality products and services. Clearly, these are the basis for development and maintenance of any world -class company.
QUALITY DEPENDS UPON CONTROL
Control of Metal
- UNICAST maintains molten metal temperatures, chemistry and physical properties within a narrow range.
- UNICAST's control of metallurgy - chemical composition and temperature - makes possible the casting of very complex, critical products and provides UNICAST with the ability to produce an extremely wide range of unique and unusual castings.
- We statistically check castings from each station for casting defects.
- We make test bars as required in order to comply with the SPC Program
- Unicast has all job and process controls stored in itís Guardian software system, and is accessable at any time with complete tracability of changes.
- We excel at new product implementation, often getting sampleís approved within a few days of receiving new tooling.
Control of Sand
- In many cases, the quality and make-up of the sand is more critical than most people realize; therefore:
- We use state-of-the-art equipment to test mold hardness, compactability, green strength, moisture content, clay percentage and permeability.
- We monitor sand to ensure we maintain the optimum balance of chemical and physical properties.
- We use a higher proportion of a specially mixed facing sand than is normally required. Green sand provides a far superior surface finish - an extra quality required only by some, but provided for all by UNICAST!
QUALITY DEPENDS UPON PEOPLE
The combination of craftspeople who care, plus our strict statistical quality control practices,
make UNICAST unique.
- We assign the best qualified molder to the proper equipment to handle each product. Then we monitor and evaluate performance - including methodology, cleanliness and consistency - to make certain we are providing the best possible craftsmanship - and quality products.
- The first of many inspections takes place just after removal of casting sand - often while the casting is still warm to the touch.
- Our craftspeople carefully remove fins, burrs and other residues from each casting - from the largest to the smallest - inside and out.
- Our 100% final inspection of each casting insures that we ship only products which meet our quality standards as well as your requirements.
THE UNICAST HALLMARK - "QUALITY PLUS SERVICE"
- We do not keep you "on hold" at UNICAST
- We provide quick and complete quotes
- Computerized tracking of each order gives you an update with one call - and without hassle.
- We can schedule delivery right to your production line station - eliminating pipeline costs.
- We will hold inventory for you and deliver as needed.
- Your patterns are always readily accessible, of course - but we also insure, refurbish and repair patterns when they become worn - another of UNICAST's extra services.